7 tips – this is how a bra should fit
Have you always wondered how a comfortable bra should actually fit? Here is our fit checklist:
- If you're wearing an underwired bra, the underwire should sit exactly underneath your breast and not pinch or squeeze at the sides or front.If you're wearing an underwired bra, the underwire should sit exactly underneath your breast and not pinch or squeeze at the sides or front.
- The underband should be snug but not dig in or pinch you. It supports the weight of your breasts, so it should not be too loose. It should run parallel to the floor and not slip upwards – otherwise it is too loose.Tip: Test if your hand width (4 fingers) fits under the band when you stretch it – then it will fit properly.
- The underband should be nice and tight when you close the bra on the widest hook. This allows you to tighten the bra if it becomes loose over time from wearing and washing.
- The straps should not dig into or slip off your shoulders. If the straps dig in, it is usually because the underbust band is too loose. If the straps keep slipping off your shoulders, they sit too far outside for your body type – this often happens with narrow shoulders. In this case, bra styles with racerback or crossed straps are recommended.Tip: Test whether two finger widths (but not more) fit under the straps – if that´s the case, they fit correctly.
- The bridge between your breasts should rest on your ribcage. If it sticks out, the cups may be too small or the underband might be too loose.
- The cups should hug your breasts nicely. If your breasts are spilling over the sides, underneath the band or over the top of the bra forming "buns", the cup is too small. If there is air between the cup and the breast or if the cup sticks out, the cup is too big (or the underband is too loose).
- The bra should stay in place when you bend or stretch.